Monday 8 September 2014

Post 3 More Jobs

The next jobs I undertook was to install an outside 230v socket and a bullfinch point for the BBQ.  This was not as daunting cutting the holes into the van but again I double checked the measurements as you only get one shot at it "Measure twice cut once"


 
 
We have had the van in storage at Wisborough Green since we purchased it, and we have stayed at the site most weekends since April . We could not have picked a better place and have had some fantastic evenings over the summer months
The view we wake up to is also stunning
 




There are a few caravans here in storage,  and their owners come down and use them
But most of the time it is just the three of us pure bliss
 
Well back to some other little jobs I have done since spring
I fitted a fire blanket and extinguisher by the door
A smoke and carbon monoxide alarm,  changed all the halogen lamps to LED.



                                                  A kitchen towel rail
                                               19" TV in the bedroom
22" TV in Living room
 
 
 And a new mixer tap in the bathroom, the one fitted had obviously been retro fitted and was not fitted correctly it also did not have a shower hose. One evening we sprung a leak I found out there was no locking ring securing it to the basin the pipes were not properly fitted into the compression fittings botch job !!! I wish I had noticed this when I picked it up so when we sprung a leak we got a new mixer tap with the shower hose complete
I'm happy with this now and I know this isn't going to leak

Fitted a child guard to the door, Max wasn't best pleased with this
Look at his face bless
 
 And organised the garage as it was beginning to resemble our back bedroom

 
The next job on the list is to upgrade the leisure battery, at the moment we have one  
85AH and I intend to install 2 x 110AH with an Invertor
 

New Batteries

 
Well I bought 2 new 110AH batteries and decided to fit them one sunny afternoon, I initially thought this would be a straight forward task remove both front seats install batteries and bingo, then I realised the handbrake is attached to the drivers front seat and the only way to get over this without disconnecting the handbrake cable was to prop the seat up with wood and somehow slide in the new battery and do the connections, there was very little room to tighten the clamps with a small ratchet spanner and my short fuse blew when one of the clamps I had purchased from fleabay snapped, I had not over tightened it ! it was just cheap crap alloy from the far east "you get what you pay for" anyways I managed to use one of the clamps from the original battery but as the day wore on I was quietly wondering why I had not sourced this job out as my patience was wearing steadily thinner

The photo's show the small gap about 3" to allow me to do the termination of the 25mm cables !
The passenger side was a lot easier as I was able to fully remove the seat so this side was a doddle. and hour or so later I had fitted the invertor and reinstated the seats
This is the set up at the moment I will be installing a Henley Block to the tails coming from the batteries, this is for a future job if we decide to go down the route of installing solar panels, but in the interim I will see how many days I can go off grid when we start going to festivals
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Marc and Sam